Someone recently asked for this recipe so I thought I’d type it up for everyone and share the wealth. Enjoy!
Chocolate Kissed Macaroons
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 8oz milk chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg yolk, almond extract, and orange juice; beat well. Add baking powder, salt, and flour beating until well blended. Stir in 3 cups coconut.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining coconut. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned. While cookies are baking, remove wrappers from enough Hershey’s Kisses (1 per cookie — try not to eat too many of the remainders!). Remove cookies from oven; immediately press Kiss on top of each cookie. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes ~26 cookies.