The story goes that my great-grandmother, Grandma Timian, use to make this on hot summer days when folks were out in the fields. I’ve no clue if that’s true or not, but the cake is refreshing and delicious on hot days!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 11 oz can mandarine oranges & juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake in 3 layers at about 330 degrees for 20 minutes — do not overcook.
- Cool completely before icing.
- large box instance vanilla pudding
- 16 oz can crushed pineapple & juice
- large carton cool whip
- In mixer, combine pudding mix, pineapple.
- Add cool whip and mix well.
- Use icing to layer between the 3 cake layers, on top, and the sides. Be forewarned — it’s going to get messy! Cake must be refrigerated.