Jen asked for this recipe after I brought a loaf (sans nuts) to the office. This recipe is originally from my friend Jan who got it from who-knows-where. Regardless, it’s delicious.
- 3/4 c butter
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 t baking soda
- 3/4 t salt
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 c buttermilk (I’ve used regular milk and even almond milk)
- 1/2 c pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, and vanilla.
- Add baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour and milk in batches, alternating between the two.
- Add pecans.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Divide dough evenly between them.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
The original recipe calls for mixing all the dry ingredients together and then slowing adding that with the milk to the banana mixture, but why dirty another bowl?