Today I was promoted from a Principal Software Quality Engineer to a Consulting Software Quality Engineer! Given the rep that so many software consultants get, I find it funny that at EMC you move from being Principal to being Consulting — lets hope I’m not required to leave my principles behind!
This doesn’t necessarily mean I have more responsibility than I did prior. Much like IBM, at EMC you pretty much have to be doing the work at a level to be promoted into it. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.
I still plan on using Performance Test Ninja as my title as that’s still more descriptive, and way more fun, than the official one.
I wanted to capture a select few of the congratulations emails I received (leaving out full names to protect their privacy since my blog is highly googleable).
- well-deserved indeed. congrats. – Case
- Hooray!!! Congratulations on a great job and all the hard work to earn this promotion! It was a privilege to work with you for 2 of those years. I have new positions open on Certification… ;) Just kidding! – Matt
- Oh, you cheeky bastard. There you were focusing on MY promotion when this amazing news was in the pipeline! SO MANY CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!! Saying this is “well deserved” is the understatement of the year. I’m so glad that you’re being formally recognized in this way. Way to go, Casey! I’m so happy for you—and for all of Isilon! – Deb
- Congratulations, Casey! And here I thought you were only good at pottery :) – Brett
- Outstanding! Casey, above the fact that you are damn smart, you are a consummate professional, always have a great attitude, and typically can be seen with a smile on your face. It’s obvious that you enjoy your work and you are also able to carry projects over the finish line. Congratulations! I’m happy and appreciative that you are an Isilonian! – David